Using the Communicative Power of Movement
with Young Children
Presented by Suzi Tortora, Ed.D., ADTR, CMA
Dr. Tortora is the founder and director of Dancing Dialogue: Healing & Expressive Arts - A center for movement, music, and dance-based arts that support healing and self-expression, in Cold Spring and NYC. Among her many roles and activities, she instructs parent-infant/toddler classes, and is the author of The Dancing Dialogue: Using the Communicative Power of Movement with Young Children.
- Participants will be able to:
- Describe the role of nonverbal and movement-based play experiences
in all aspects of development
- Describe how the nonverbal component of multi-sensory experience
influences the attachment relationship
- List specific tools for children with issues in
communication/relating and motor delays
- Describe how to add movement and music activities with
families and in community settings.